- This event has passed.
IR35 and New Guidance on Employment Status
August 11 @ 12:30 - 13:30
The government has at long last responded to its 2018 consultation on employment status. After four years of silence, it has decided to take no action, effectively rowing back on its commitment to implement the recommendations of the Taylor Review.
IPSE is highly disappointed by the government’s response, not least because it means the confusion and disruption caused by IR35 will continue. The fundamental problem with IR35 is the complexity of making status determinations. Rather than helping businesses to make those determinations by creating a new set of clear rules, the government has instead published yet more guidance on the current rules.
This webinar will be hosted by IPSE’s Director of Policy, Andy Chamberlain and IPSE’s Senior Policy and Communications Adviser, Fred Hicks. Join us to discuss:
- The government’s response
- The new guidance: just how new is it and what does it tell us about how government understands status?
- What IPSE called for in its submission to the consultation four years ago
- What else can be done to ease the problems caused by IR35
- We’ll also provide an update on IR35 and how the market is reacting
There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions during the webinar but you can also submit questions in advance when you register.
This session is free of charge to attend for both members and non-members. Please book now to register your attendance. This webinar will be hosted on Zoom Webinar.